- Get Involved
- Contact Us
South Central Regional Workshop
Welcome! Texas A&M University Chapter of Engineers Without Borders-USA is pleased to have hosted the South Central Regional Workshop in November, 2011. The region consists of twenty-four chapters from Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas. Representatives from a majority of the chapters, in various engineering disciplines, attended, including the most outside representatives from Texas Tech University.
As hosts for the first time, we hope that everyone had a wonderful experience and will consider attending future workshops. The weekend was not only important for learning technical skills and the inner-workings of EWB-USA, but was also a time for students and professionals to network with each other and share ideas. Forums gave everyone an opportunity to ask questions and share in experiences and knowledge. This was especially helpful to the newer chapters.
We appreciate any feedback you may have and hope that you will take a look at the presentations below for anything you may have missed over the weekend. Please feel free to email email@example.com if you have any questions.
General Information for Workshop:
Project Poster Contest
And the winners are:
- 1st Place: Rice University - Nicaragua II Health Clinic
- 2nd Place: Greater Austin - Climate Adaptation in Mountain Basins in Andean Region
- 3rd Place: Rice University - El Salvador Water Distribution System
- Douglas S. Bramwell, P.E., RPLS
- Kate Emery, President of EWB-USA TAMU Chapter
- Dr. Suzanne Droleskey, Assistant to VP Internal Operations, TAMU Study Abroad Office
- Grady Hillhouse, TAMU M.E. Water Resources Engineering
- Brad Appel, TAMU M.S. Nuclear Engineering
- Julie Jones, P.E.
- Zenón Medina-Cetina, TAMU Assistant Professor
- Soil Testing and Analysis
- Dr. Marisa E. Suhm